FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MUST I BE A NOTARY PUBLIC?
No. You do not have to be a notary public, however if you are, you can offer additional services as an CAA that will enhance your marketing and will probably attract more business vs. non-notary agents.
MUST I BE A U.S.A. CITIZEN?
No. Citizenship has nothing to do with becoming a Certified Apostille Agent.
DO I NEED A SPECIAL GOVERNMENT PERMIT OR LICENSE?
No. As of the printing of this document, no special permit or license is needed to become a CAA. However, your local government may require a business permit/license for you to operate a business in your local area.
CAN I OPERATE MY BUSINESS THROUGH THE MAIL AND INTERNET?
Yes. Operating your business either by mail, the internet or personal face-to-face contact allows you to service your clients regardless of your U.S. location. The choice is up to you.
IS THE ENTIRE TRAINING PROGRAM ONLINE?
Yes. All training, quizzes and tests take place online.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT GENERATING BUSINESS?
We do provide limited marketing assistance. Internet pay-per-click, (Google™, Microsoft Advertising™, etc.) a well designed business web site, direct mail, registration as a Private Service Provider with your SOS, classified ads, mailers to law firms, Flyers, Craig's List™, Facebook™, Youtube™, etc. are a good start. Many private schools, colleges and universities are happy to refer their students who need your services. Contact information for all of our CAA Graduates are listed free of charge on our web site for one year. In other words, "free advertising." We plan to offer an optional marketing program in the near future for purchase that will help to provide more public exposure for our graduates.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
This depends upon how well you market yourself; focusing on the local population, your state or the entire U.S. will influence the amount of business you receive. Additionally, the number of state apostilles vs. the number of U.S. Department of State Apostilles can generate a substantial revenue difference due to the great span in fees usually charged for these two different types of processing. It is difficult, if not almost impossible, to state an accurate dollar number for this question. Hard and smart work usually results in frequent and large earnings. You should be able to earn enough to reimburse you the cost of this course within the sale of your first two legalizations.
WHICH DOCUMENTS RANK HIGH IN APOSTILLE REQUESTS?
Usually Vital Statistic docs such as, birth/death certificates, divorce and marriage certificates lead the list. These are followed by Power of Attorney, school/college diplomas/transcripts, corporate documents and other personal papers.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING?
This is totally up to you. On the average, our graduates complete the course in 4-10 weeks. The first exam must be taken within 90 days of purchase, the second and final within nine months of purchase date..
WHO USUALLY NEEDS TO HAVE DOCUMENTS APOSTILLED?
- U.S. citizens marrying citizens of other countries in their country, parties in U.S. needing to present legal documents in a foreign country.
- Students who plan to study abroad.
- Companies and corporations doing business in foreign countries.
- U.S. academic records that are to be presented in a foreign country.
- Individulas owning real estate abroad.
- Individuals seeking employment in a foreign country.
- Persons needing to present Vital Statistic docs in a foreign country.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A CAA GRADUATE OF THIS TRAINING COMPANY?
- Thorough, professional training prepared by an experienced writer.
- Certification by a recognized company with a good reputation.
- Six month mentoring program to assist graduates in getting off to a good start.
- A training program that provides all of the needed tools to operate a "turn key" business.
- One year free of charge updates of all training materials.
- Professional training that helps our graduates avoid making embarassing and costly mistakes.
- Many apostilles are more complex than just obtaining the Secretary of Sate authentication. Learn what to do and how to do it correctly and professionally.
- Online self-grading quizzes to assist our students in learning, retention, and passing their final exams.
- To the best of our knowledge, we are the only U.S. training company to offer Apostille Agent training and certification.
WHY WOULD SOMEONE USE A CAA INSTEAD OF EXECUTING THE PROCESS BY THEMSELVES?
Most individuals have never heard of an apostille, certification or embassy legalization before they needed to obtain one and therefore do not know the proper steps or requirements. Usually there are time deadlines for requested authentications. Most individuals and corporations do not have the proper knowledge or enought time to correctly process apostille/certification authentications. People generally feel more comfortable knowing they have a professional who understands the correct procedures to address and meet their needs. The CAA is trained to complete the authentication as quickly and accurately as possible. Our school seal identifies you as a person who has received training and certification by a school specializing in document authentication. (The Certified Apostille Agent Seal is a registered service mark with state of California.)
WILL I PERSONALLY APPLY THE APOSTILLE/ CERTIFICATION AUTHENTICATION TO DOCUMENTS
No. As a Certified Apostille Agent, you are trained and certified to act as a private agent to execute the legalization process in a professional, accurate and timely manner for your clients through the required local, state, Federal Government and embassies/consulates located in the U.S. You would be a private, self-employed, Certified Apostille Agent, not a government employee.