MUST I BE A NOTARY PUBLIC?
No. You do not have to be a notary public, however if you are, you can offer additional services as an CAA that will enhance your market attraction and the benefit of potential customers selecting you vs. non-notary services.
MUST I BE A U.S.A.CITIZEN?
No. Citizenship has nothing to be with becoming a Certified Apostille Agent
DO I NEED A SPECIAL GOVERNMENT PERMIT OR LICENSE?
No. As of the printing of this document, no special permit or license is needed to become a CAA. However, your local government may require a business permit/license for you to operate a business in your local area.
CAN I OPERATE MY BUSINESS THROUGH THE MAIL AND INTERNET?
Yes. Operating your business via mail and the internet allows you to service your clients regardless of your or their location. However, keep in mind that our training only covers documents that are outbound U.S.A.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT GENERATING BUSINESS?
We do provide some limited marketing assistance. However, internet pay-per-click, (Google™, Bing™, etc.) business web site, direct mail, register as a Private Service Provider with your SOS, classified ads, mailers to law firms, Flyers, Craig's List™, Facebook™, Youtube™, etc. are a good start. Many colleges and universities are happy to refer students needing your services. All of our CCA Graduates are listed free of charge on our web site for one year. We plan to offer an optional marketing program in the near future for purchase that will provide a profession "kick start" for our graduates.
HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO EARN?
This depends upon how well you market yourself; focusing on the local population, your state or nationally will influence the amount of business you receive. Additionally, the number of state apostilles vs. the number of U.S. Department of State Apostilles can generate a substantial revenue difference due to the great span in fees usually charged for these two different types of processing. If is difficult, if not almost impossible, to state an accurate dollar number for this question. Hard and smart work usually results in frequent and large earnings.
WHICH DOCUMENTS RANK HIGH IN APOSTILLE REQUESTS?
Usually Vital Statistic docs such as, birth/death certificates, divorce and marriage certificates lead the list. These are followed by Power of Attorney, school/college diplomas/transcripts, corporate documents and other personal papers.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING?
This is totally up to you. On the average, our graduates complete the course in 4-8 weeks. The first exam must be taken within 90 days of registration.
WHO USUALLY NEEDS TO HAVE DOCUMENTS APOSTILLED?
- U.S. citizens marrying citizens of other countries in their country, parties in U.S. needing to present legal documents in a foreign country,
- Students who plan to study abroad and U.S. citizens applying for jobs in foreign countries
- Companies and corporations doing business in foreign countries.
- U.S. academic records that are to be presented in a foreign country.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF BECOMING A CAA GRADUATE OF THIS TRAINING COMPANY?
- Thorough, professional training prepared by an experienced writer.
- Certification by a recognized company with a good reputation.
- Six month mentoring program to assist graduates in getting off to a good start.
- A training program that provides all of the needed tools to operate a "turn key" business.
- One year free of charge updates of all training materials.
- Professional training that helps our graduates not to make embarassing and costly mistakes.
- Online self-grading quizzes to assist our students in in learniong rention and passing their final exams.
- To the best of our knowledge, we are the only U.S. Training company to offer Apostille Agent training. We are beginning to see the generic term,”Certified Apostille Agent” appear on the internet.; your question should be, trained and certified by whom and how long has the school been in business?
WHY WOULD SOMEONE USE A CAA INSTEAD OF EXECUTING THE PROCESS BY THEMSELVES?
- Most individuals have never heard of an apostille, certification or embassy legalization and therefore do not know the proper steps or requirements.
- Usually there are time deadlines for requested authentications; potential clients do not always have the time.
- People generally feel more comfortable knowing they have a professional who understands the correct procedures to address their needs.
- The CAA is trained to complete the authentication as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Our school seal identifies you as a person who has received training and certification by a school specializing in document authentication.
- Our school Service Mark is registered with the State of California and therefore provides a degree of confidence and profession expectation from a Certified Apostille Agent.
WHY WILL I PERSONALLY APPLY THE APOSTILLE/ CERTIFICATION AUTHENTICATION TO DOCUMENTS
No. You are trained and certified to act as a provate agent to execute the authentication process in a professional, accurate and timely manner for your clients through the required local, state, Federal Government and embassies/consulates located in the U.S.